The Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy is a single gender, small learning community for girls in grades 6-12. The college preparation curriculum is centered on Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM). With an extended day and a year round calendar, CGLA offers girls an accelerated and integrated remediation approach that is intended to move them to proficient and advanced levels within core academic subjects. A range of social supports that reflects girls’ social development needs are integrated into the educational experience.
At CGLA, we believe that every girl has the potential to be an academic achiever and a leader. This firm belief in the promise and potential within each girl undergirds our resolve to offer girls an engaging and rigorous academic experience that prepares them for college completion, grounds them in civic responsibility, and positions them for successful careers in a competitive, knowledge-based global economy.
CGLA invests in a number of innovative school elements to enrich the educational experience of girls:
- CGLA is an all-girls school—the FIRST single-gender public school in the state of Tennessee!
- CGLA’s college preparatory curriculum emphasizes STEAM to prepare girls for 21st century careers and position our community to remain competitive in an increasingly complex global economy.
- CGLA extends learning time for girls through an extended school day and a year-round academic calendar.
- CGLA faculty use creative teaching methods that reflect girls’ specific learning styles.
- CGLA harnesses technology to support girls’ learning and offers each girl the opportunity to earn a laptop for educational use at school and at home.