Post Featured Image

Donor Spotlight: Osbourne Foundation

Weldon F. Osborne Foundation

Since opening in 2009, CGLA has been fortunate to have the endorsement of the Weldon F. Osbourne Foundation. Devoted to Chattanooga and to partnering with organizations that transform lives and stabilize communities, the foundation has become an advocate for and an ardent supporter of CGLA’s onsite health clinic, which opened in August 2019. The collaboration between CGLA and the Weldon F. Osbourne Foundation is ensuring every student has access to free medical care provided by a licensed physician. To date, the health clinic has provided medical care to 779 students between August 2019 and January 3, 2020.

Established in 1959 to provide aid to religious and benevolent charities, the Weldon F. Osborne Foundation has grown into one of Chattanooga’s most prominent philanthropic organizations. The foundation began as a vision of Weldon F. Osborne, a real estate developer and builder, who built homes, shopping centers, restaurants, motels, and office buildings throughout the Chattanooga area. Inspired by a deep commitment to community service, an enterprising spirit, and a motivation to impact the lives of those most vulnerable, Mr. Osborne wanted to actively improve the quality of life in Chattanooga and Hamilton County. Today the Weldon F. Osborne Foundation continues to uphold the Osborne’s founding mission by providing support for education, social and welfare programs, and public education nonprofits in the Greater Chattanooga area.